[A flower that my cousin made out of blue duct tape! Placed on his ukulele]
Creativity is something that allows us to use our skills, emotions and thoughts we don’t necessarily use on a daily basis, especially if we don’t practice something creative in our daily lives. I’m mostly a right-brained thinker so I automatically have that urge to do something creative every now and then. I either try and make a vision board, make jewelry, design a birthday card or even organize my room. I need creativity in my life and I think that it’s so important that we find time to do creative things.
The other week, I had a talk with a good friend of mine who recently tapped into her creative side again after a couple of years. She let me know that it was fun, environmentally friendly and so easy to make the simple things that we usually purchase at the stores like candles and chapstick.
Here are some reasons why tapping into your creativity is GREAT:
- It brings out your inner-child. Our inner-child needs to play once in awhile. If we are too serious and stressed all day, it really takes a toll on our bodies. If you like children, this allows you to connect and bond with them.
- You can create unique things you can’t find anywhere else and it’s your very own mix, no matter if you see something similar to it in stores.
- It’s better for the environment when you can make things from recyclable materials.
- It allows you to think outside the box and ignite create thoughts.
- You can save money by making someone a gift instead of buying them something that isn’t too personalized.
Hope this helps you unleash that creative side we all know that you have inside of you. Good luck and have some fun!
What are some ways you stay creative or use your creativity on a weekly basis?