Many people have their own versions of what being grounded means to them. For me, being grounded with the universe through nature is an amazing feeling and can keep that balance that we need in our lives. It’s also a way of coming back to your core and being present. If we are not grounded and our ego takes control of our lives, then it’s most likely that we will come across physical or emotional distress (I am guilty of this!)
Previously in my Spirit Mind group, we talked about the importance of being grounded and how it’s a good idea to make the bare soles of our feet touch the soil, dirt or grass beneath us. My friend, Liz had read a study that said that women who were trying to conceive were asked to walk barefoot on grass or soil in order to have their body align with mother nature. This can help to promote and radiate growth and fertility to the woman. It was also said that women in third world countries don’t have nearly as many issues with conceiving because they are constantly walking in soil or grass, therefore being aligned with mother nature and life forms. True or not, I believe that we are all connected and sometimes, one thing can affect another.
With that said, here are a couple of things you can do to stay grounded:
- Sit down, close your eyes and think about everything your grateful for.
- If you’re driving, breathe in deeply and think about the small things you are happy about.
- Walk around barefoot on grass for a few minutes.
- Have a picnic, sit on the grass and enjoy your snacks and beverages.
- Be in nature and marvel at all the beauty that mother nature has created for us.
- Spend some time with friends or family and talk about your dreams, passions and future endeavors. Be supportive, listen and be encouraging.