Be True to Your Word
[The things you can make with duct tape! This is a flower pen that my friend gave to me]
We make intentions and goals throughout the year or at the beginning of our birthday’s and it’s good to let other people that you are on a pathway to improving your self. Being true to your word is very important and establishes your credibility of being a reliable and responsible person. I know in my teenage years, I feared a lot of the intentions I set out for myself, I always used the phrases, “next time” or my favorite, “what if?” I must admit, if I executed such big decisions, my life would be completely different from what it is now. I am truly grateful for where I am at my life right now but I realized that I never executed what I said I was going to do.
These days, I try my best to stick to my word and to make the best decisions before announcing them. It’s definitely a great characteristic to be that person who sticks to his/her word.
So here are my tips on how to stick to your word:
1. Tell someone close to you that you are going to do X, Y and Z and make sure that that person is one who sticks to their own word as well.
2. Write or type your intention/goal somewhere you always check or see. For example: On your cellphone notes or calendar, note it down to put some time and effort to your intentions/goals.
3. Set a reminder on your phone to put some time and energy to your task and make sure you don’t dismiss that reminder.
4. Be grateful that you are able to accomplish that task and use that gratefulness to execute what you need to do.
5. Visualize that you have already accomplished the task when you first create a new intention/goal. Do this by closing your eyes for a few seconds and picture yourself already completing the task in an easy and effective manner. This will allow the universe to see that you have set forth the message and the universe will provide if you execute in a timely manner.
Hope these tips help!