Indian Chess Set at the Norton Simon Museum 2008
Have you ever taken on a new project or new journey and you feel so intimidated by other peers and other people who know more than you?
I had a feeling like this the other day, however! I’ve come up with some ideas that can help kick-start the game:
1. Research the topic: Familiarize yourself with what the purpose is of your project or new journey and figure out the best strategy that will help you with your your task. Search through websites, blogs, forums and gain a good understanding of what you’re about to start.
2. Ask around: Ask other people who have done your task before and be open to their advice and suggestions. Ask quality questions that will help you succeed in your new task.
3. Know what fits: If you’re trying to familiarize yourself with something new, make sure you make moves that work best for you, don’t force yourself to do something that doesn’t feel right.
4. Dive in! Put your fears aside and just be yourself and let the new experience sink in. If it goes bad, take it with a grain of salt knowing that you at least tried it.
5. Give it some time: Some of us are faster learners than others but don’t give up right away and give it multiple tries before you decide that it isn’t for you. Make sure you ask others about your progress because they can have constructive criticism that you can’t see with your own eyes.
Hope that helps! And GOOD LUCK!
With much gratitude,