Along with new intentions and perspectives for the new year, I came across something I’ve been wanting to try for a long time but never looked into. It wasn’t until today that I was ready to try Tai Chi.
What is Tai Chi?
To quote the Wiki,
It’s an internal Chinese martial art practiced for both its defense training and its health benefits. It is also typically practiced for a variety of other personal reasons: its hard and soft martial art technique, demonstration competitions, and longevity. As a result, a multitude of training forms exist, both traditional and modern, which correspond to those aims. Some of t’ai chi ch’uan’s training forms are especially known for being practiced with relatively slow movement.
I am a little late on practicing Tai Chi but it’s better late than never and I’m a firm believer that the Universe allows us to experience situations when we’re ready. So finally, I WAS READY! =)
I searched a Tai Chi video on YouTube and the one that I watched was Daily Tai Chi – join in this 8-minute exercise
Immediately after the video, I felt extremely calm and peaceful. I just had to share it!
Reasons why I extremely enjoyed my beginners Tai Chi practice:
- It was super easy to follow and I kid you not, I got a hair-raising. feeling.
- It just felt SO natural and relaxing.
- I especially like the breathing that goes into it. In yoga, they emphazise the importance of breathing and in Tai Chi it just flows so smoothly with the moves.
- I also like how Tai Chi incorporated the energy aspect. That’s perhaps where I got a lot of the goosebumps.
- Just allowing that positive energy around you feels amazing.
- I can easily do this for 8 minutes a day!
So if you feel so inclined, try it out! With YouTube readily available, you can find which video suits you best.
I intend that you all have a great week and continue to live a life of happy, holistic health!